Born in Turnhout, Belgium
Inspired by great examples such as David Byron, Freddy Mercury, John Waite, Ian Gillan, Rob Halford, and of course, most important, with a great passion for music, he ventures himself upon vocals.
As a polyvalent melodical singer, gifted with a large vocal range, Filip enters his first fully-fledged band at the age of fifteen.
At this time, the singing microbe has definitively got him.
A true frontman and entertainer emerges; interaction with the public becomes his trademark.
At the school of rock "DE TIL" in Antwerp Filip takes up a singing education with Daen Scheerlinck.
He embarked on a classical music education with Jan Van Elsacker at the academy of music in Hemiksem.
- Stargazer (1981 – 1983)
- Blizzard (1983 – 1986)
- Heavily Mad (1986 – 1988)
- Riots Eye (1988 – 1989)
- Twilight (1989 – 1992)
- Double Diamond (1992 – 2008)
- Fireforce (2008 – 2018)
- Cygnus Atratus (2018 – 2019)
- Beyond The Labyrinth (2019 - …)
- Twilight - Rock In Flanders (1991)
- Double Diamond - Live at Turnhout (1996)
- Double Diamond - In Danger (1997)
- Double Diamond - Conquer with Steel (2002)
- Double Diamond – Stand Up And Fight (2004)
- Fireforce – Moonlight Lady (2009)
- Fireforce – March On (2011)
- Fireforce – Deathbringer (2014)
- Fireforce - Annihilate The Evil (2017)
- Beyond The Labyrinth - Guest Vocals on “Salve Mater “ - The Art Of Resilience (2017)
- Tessa Records (BE)
- Asterion Records (BE)
- Steelhunter Records (DE)
- Mausoleum Records (BE)
- 7HARD Records (DE)
- Limb Records (DE)
- Oscar Holleman
- Rudy Lenners
- Kjell Ambjörnsen
- Tony De Block
- Vincent Weynen
- R.D. Liapakis
- Jean-Pierre Kerkhofs